The following opportunities are examples of how we support the social development of pupils.
- Opportunities for group work are provided across the curriculum for pupils to develop their social skills.
- Fostering of a sense of community with common, inclusive values through assemblies, HSA events etc
- The use of talk partners across the school supports pupils to develop listening skills.
- School council provides pupils with an opportunity to participate in the school community within a democratic system.
- Year 6 monitors afford pupils the opportunity to develop a sense of belonging and responsibility towards the school community.
- The development of learning powers across the curriculum, helps pupils to develop personal qualities e.g. to work together.
- A range of musical, artistic and creative performances provide opportunities for pupils to develop social skills through team working.
- Year 6 responsibilities, School Council, play leaders, provide opportunities to exercise leadership and responsibility.
- Educational visits, in particular residential visits, involve the development of many social skills for pupils.