The pupil premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England. It is designed to help disadvantaged pupils of all abilities perform better, and close the gap between them and their peers.
Pupil Premium is paid to the school in regard of:
- Pupils who receive Free School meals or have done previously
- Pupils who are looked after children
- Pupils who have left care and are adopted or under a special guardianship order
Each year we review the learning outcomes of our pupils premium pupils and seek to identify any barriers to their learning. A strategy document is produced which outlines actions that we plan to undertake. These actions are a combination of strategies which improve the quality of teaching for all pupils and target support directly to these pupils.
During the year, the progress of each pupil in receipt of pupil premium funding is monitored carefully and intervention is planned in order to meet their individual needs, regardless of their achievement levels.
Total Amount delegated for the financial year 2018-19 is £97 640.
Pupils in receipt of pupil premium funding are supported to access wider curriculum opportunities which include music tuition, participation in residential visits and participation in special curriculum events. They are also provided with a school uniform pack.
- Pupil Premium Strategy 2016 17
- Pupil Premium Strategy 2016 17 Review
- Pupil Premium Strategy 2017 2018
- Pupil Premium Strategy 2017 2018 Review