Donations to the School
The HSA is regularly able to provide extra funds to the school, to make it possible to purchase items that would not be possible using the government’s funding. In a typical year, the money we raise goes towards the purchase of equipment and teaching resources that benefit the children at Claydon Primary School and supports their growth and development at school.
For update information visit the HSA facebook page.
There are annual events which the HSA regularly funds:
- Since 2012 the HSA has contributed yearly towards the cost of the Year 6 leaving party, as a thank you for their contribution to the school and as a celebration of this important milestone.
- For many years, the HSA has added some little extras to make the school Christmas Dinner a more festive experience.
Refurbished the ICT suite by replacing the computers
A range of resources for each year group using proceeds from the cake sales
Throughout the year 18/19
Provided 6 additional laptops for use by pupils with additional needs across the school.
|Resources for the Gardening Club using proceeds from the cake sales||Throughout the year 17/18|
|A trolley of laptops for pupils with additional needs across the school||December 17|
|A range of resources for each year group using proceeds from the cake sales||Throughout the year 17/18|
|16 laptops for Key Stage 2, a new trolley and the cost of imaging the laptops to set them up||May 2017|
|Resources for the Gardening Club and for bird feeders and food using proceeds from the cake sales||Throughout the year 16/17|
|20 i-pads complete with storage trolley and mac to synch them||Spring 2016|
|Outdoor play equipment for each year group using proceeds from the cake sales||Throughout the year 15/16|
|Storage shed for lower playground||Spring 2016|
|PA system for indoor and outdoor use||Spring 2016|
|HSA notice board||Autumn 2015|
In previous years the money from the HSA has supported the following 'large' purchases:
- additional reading books and phonics resources for Key Stage One
- additional reading books for Key Stage Two
- sports team kits for when our pupils compete in tournaments
- a climbing wall and Gazebo for Nursery and Reception children
- 'small world' play resources for Nursery and Reception
- new sand and water trays for Nursery
- playground markings in the courtyard for outdoor learning
- new lunchbox trolleys
- Key Stage Two laptop trolley with 16 laptops
- development of the Early Years outdoor learning environment
- the Trim Trail
- development of the school field environmental area and seating